Having trouble viewing this newsletter? Click here.
CALIFORNIA GALLERY NOW CARRYING KEVIN’S WORK
The Laguna Gallery of Contemporary Art in Laguna Beach, California, is now representing Kevin’s work.
Laguna Beach is a noted art destination with more than 80 galleries. “”I’m pleased to be able to introduce my work to a wider audience,”” says Kevin.
The gallery is located adjacent to the beach on Laguna Beach’s main artery at 611 South Coast Highway.
You can find a map to LGOCA and other galleries that showcase Kevin’s work on his Web site’s About page.
WHEREVER YOU GO INSTALLED, RECEPTION SLATED
After eight months of work, Kevin’s sculpture Wherever You Go, There You Are is now installed at Pima Community College East Campus in Tucson, Arizona.
“”When the college’s art faculty approached me last August, I had just finished Torrent, my 5-foot-tall umbilical torus,”” Kevin recalls. “”I wanted to create a larger version, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.”” The sculpture was installed on Friday, September 28.
See photos of the finished sculpture, including one of it installed, on its own page.
Please join Kevin for the official reception of PCCEC’s Sculpture-on-Campus exhibition on Wednesday, October 10. For more information, please visit the Events page.
PROJECTS UNDER WAY IN THE STUDIO
Square Up (formerly Quattro) and Persistence (the spike sculpture) are now completed and Big Bang now getting its finish. “”The finish on this sculpture is something new for me that I’m excited about,”” Kevin admits. Now Kevin is focusing on two commissions and a series of knots.
One commission is a Shitake Agave being created as a gift for a railroad owner in Alabama. The other is Fire Mirror (at left), an architectural sculpture for a couple in Arkansas. “”I enjoy commissions,”” Kevin says. “”The challenge of bringing together the people, places and purpose is another kind of creativity.””
Meanwhile, Kevin is also working on a series based on the never-ending form known as the trefoil knot. One of the sculptures, Knot Me, is getting its finish. “”It requires multiple applications,”” Kevin explains. See its current state here. He has also completed a smaller version, called SquareDance (right), from aluminum.
Kevin is working on a still smaller version of the trefoil knot on his mill titled MillKnot, carving it out of a solid block of aluminum. Another, more complex interpretation is being fabricated in aluminum square tubing. “”This form fascinates me,”” he says.
There’s more information about all of the events below on the Web site’s Events page….
- Now – October 7 (Sunday), Grand Rapids, Michigan – ArtPrize, an annual exhibition that has attracted more than 1 million art lovers in its first three years, is under way. Kevin’s sculpture Skeletorus (right, at ArtPrize) is being shown at the Ledyard Building in Grand Rapids.
- October 10 (Wednesday), Tucson, Arizona – Kevin’s sculpture Wherever You Go, There You Are will be unveiled at the Pima Community College East Campus. Kevin will speak at the event, which includes the work of six other artists.
- November 7 (Wednesday), Phoenix, Arizona – Kevin’s business manager, Mary Westheimer, will participate in an Arizona Artists Guild panel discussion about art marketing.
- January 8 (Tuesday) – March 29 (Friday), Phoenix, Arizona – Kevin is participating in Metal Paper Resin in downtown Phoenix (this show was previously scheduled for November – January). Featuring Kevin’s sculpture as well as the original prints of Sarah Kriehn and the mixed media photography of Linda Ingraham, the show will be held at the University Club. The opening reception is Thursday, January 17 and the closing reception is Friday, March 15. Both receptions are free and open to the public.
- January 16 (Wednesday), Phoenix, Arizona – Participants in the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art Artists Studio tour will visit Kevin’s studio and home.
- February 20 (Wednesday) – April 30 (Tuesday), Yuma, Arizona – Kevin and multimedia artist Annie Waters will exhibit their sculpture and drawings, respectively, at the Yuma Fine Arts Center in the show The Organic Edge. The reception is Friday, March 8.
- March 13 (Wednesday), Phoenix, Arizona – Members of the Arizona 5 Arts Circle tour Kevin’s studio.
Mark your calendar now – these events will be here before you know it. Learn about these events on the Web site’s Events page.
Even when he’s busy in the studio, Kevin always has time to create new videos for Channel Kevin, which appears simultaneously on YouTube and on Kevin’s own site.
Here are Kevin’s latest videos, including the most recent one in the series “”How to Create a Sculpture,”” in which Kevin applies the “”secret sauce”” for the finish:
- How to Create a Sculpture, Part 13: Applying the Finish
- How to Set Up a MIG Welder for Flux Core Welding
- How to Use a MIG Welder With Flux Core Wire
- How to Set up the Longevity MigWeld 140 MIG Welder With a Spool Gun
- How to MIG Weld With a Spool Gun
- A Better Look at Handheld Clamps
You can see all of Kevin’s videos – which are organized into categories – in his Web site’s Video section, which links directly to his YouTube channel.
A sound, water, site-specific or free-standing sculpture adds immeasurable joy and peace to your home or workplace.
If you’d like Kevin to create a special something for you or a friend, just email email@example.com or call 602-952-8767 to arrange for a private complimentary consultation. Kevin may also have a perfect sculpture in stock. Or contact us if you would simply like to visit Kevin’s studio – he would enjoy giving you a personal tour.
Please forward this issue of MUSeINGS to anyone looking for a special piece for home or work, or for a gift for that person who has everything.
If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you want your very own copy on the day it’s released, just sign up here.
If you’re really sure you don’t want to receive MUSeINGS anymore, we’ll miss you, but we only want to send it to people who really want it. To unsubscribe, just hit reply or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “”Unsubscribe MUSeINGS”” with the email address to be unsubscribed either in the header or in the body of the email. Kevin’s lovely assistant will gladly fulfill your every wish (OK, just this one, but that’s one, anyway!).
CONTACT US: Kevin Caron – 5831 N. 46th Pl. – Phoenix AZ 85018-1236 – 602-952-8767 – email@example.com – www.kevincaron.com
“”Inspired sculpture for public & private spaces””
For more frequent news, sights and sounds, keep an eye on Kevin’s Web site at www.kevincaron.com – we update often.