The studio has been a busy place on two other occasions since the last newsletter. The Arizona Artists Guild Sculpture Group dropped by one evening (photo at top of newsletter) and Art A’Faire, an organization of women who appreciate art, came by on February 12 (above left) for a tour. “I enjoy introducing people to my work and sharing my story,” says Kevin.
You can always see what Kevin is working on in the Works in Progress section of the Web site – it’s updated often.
- February 21 (Friday), Phoenix, Arizona – The closing reception for “Elevation: The Paintings of Cyndy Carstens and Sculpture of Kevin Caron” will be at monOrchid Gallery, 214 E. Roosevelt. 6 – 9 p.m. (below, Tesseraction at monOrchid, by Christopher Boats Oshana)
- February 22 (Saturday), Phoenix, Arizona – “Elevate Your Art Career,” monOrchid Gallery, with Cyndy Carstens, Kevin Caron, Mary Westheimer and Justin Germain. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. $5 suggested donation
- February 22 (Saturday), Phoenix, Arizona – “A Conversation About Art and Fear,” ASU professor Anthony Pessler focuses on this fascinating subject. monOrchid Gallery. 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. $5 suggested donation
- March 8 ( Saturday), Scottsdale, Arizona – The Art From the Heart auction, which benefits Free Arts for Abused Children of Arizona, will be held at Neiman Marcus in Scottsdale. For more information, contact Free Arts at email@example.com or 602-258-8100.
- March 24 (Monday) to April 7 (Monday), New York, New York – Kevin’s sculpture Midnight Sun will be shown in “Luce,” a show at the Calumet Gallery. The artists’ reception is Saturday, March 29, 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. (Kevin will not be present).
- May 18 (Sunday), Phoenix, Arizona – Open Studio at Kevin Caron Studios, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., by appointment only. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-952-8767.
- September 5 (Friday) – March 1, 2015 (Sunday), Winchester, Virginia – Kevin’s sculpture Mustang Sally is one of 270 sculptures in the show “Second Time Around: The Hubcap as Art.” The exhibition debuts at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley in Winchester, Virginia. Following the show, Mustang Sally goes on the road as part of a national exhibition of 35 works from this show. For more information about “Second Time Around,” please visit the Press page.
Channel Kevin, Kevin’s YouTube channel (all of the videos also appear on his own Web site), passed another milestone, leaping past 13,000 subscribers. “It’s fun to see how far we’ve come,” Kevin says.
He enjoys taking requests for video topics from viewers, although many of the videos grow out of whatever he is working on in the studio.
Please enjoy these videos that have been released since the last newsletter:
- “How to Seamlessly Join Two Pieces of Pipe”
- “Advantages and Challenges of a Cold Cut Chopsaw”
- “Welding Pulse: What It Is and How to Use It”
- “How to Create the Base of a Sculpture”
- “How to Get a Good, Safe Welding Ground – How It Works and How to Work It”
Kevin just sent CounterSink to a Chicago highrise. Maybe it’s your turn to own a Kevin Caron sculpture.
A sound, water, site-specific or free-standing sculpture adds immeasurable joy and peace to your home or workplace.
If you’d like Kevin to create a special something for you or a friend, just email email@example.com or call 602-952-8767 to arrange for a private complimentary consultation. Kevin may also have a perfect sculpture in stock. Or contact us if you would simply like to visit Kevin’s studio – he would enjoy giving you a personal tour.
Please forward this issue of MUSeINGS to anyone looking for a special piece for home or work, or for a gift for that person who has everything.
If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you want your very own copy on the day it’s released, just sign up here.
If you’re really sure you don’t want to receive MUSeINGS anymore, we’ll miss you, but we only want to send it to people who really want it. To unsubscribe, just hit reply or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Unsubscribe MUSeINGS”