The free reception will be held Thursday, August 30 from 5 – 6:30 p.m. at the Tumbleweed Recreation Center. It is located at 745 E. Germann Rd. in Chandler, Arizona.
“”I’m excited about the reception the sculpture has received already and look forward to this official dedication,”” says Kevin.
“”I look forward to seeing many of you there to share this special moment with me,”” he adds.
For a map that shows the location of Tumbleweed Recreation Center, please visit the Web site’s Events page.
See a larger photo of The Seed on its official Web page.
WHEREVER YOU GO SLATED FOR INSTALLATION
|Wherever You Go, There You Are, in process
In preparation for its October unveiling, Kevin’s sculpture Wherever You Go, There You Are is slated for installation at Pima Community College East Campus on Friday, September 28.
He has been working on the sculpture for seven months. “”I still have some finish work to do and the final patina to apply,”” says Kevin, “”but I’ll be ready.””
Throughout the process, Kevin has been documenting the creation of this sculpture on video. Watch the series on Kevin’s site.
You are also welcome to join Kevin for the official reception of PCCEC’s Sculpture-on-Campus show on Wednesday, October 10. For more information, please visit the Events page.
PROJECTS UNDER WAY IN THE STUDIO
|Quattro, suspended from the gantry crane
While he continues finish work on Wherever You Go, There You Are, Kevin is also working on several other projects, many of which will be seen at the show Metal Paper Resin ….
Also under way is Quattro, a sculpture inspired by Sprung. “”The name of this piece may change,”” Kevin says, “”based on how the sculpture is developing.”” It is now upright and largely shaped, although Kevin continues to tweak it and weld it into place. Stay tuned ….
Based on the never-ending form the trefoil knot, the sculpture Knot Me is just back from the sandblaster. The next step is its patina. See it before it was loaded in the trailer.
The still-untitled spike sculpture continues to take shape as Kevin adds spikes and shapes them. See it in its current state on the Web site.
There’s more information about all of the events below on the Web site’s Events page….
|Skeletorus will be shown at ArtPrize
- August 30, Chandler, Arizona – The dedication of The Seed (see above) is imminent. If you live in the Valley, we look forward to seeing you there. Downtown Chandler has some nice restaurants for dinner afterward.
- September 19 – October 7, Grand Rapids, Michigan – Next is ArtPrize, an annual exhibition that has attracted more than 1 million art lovers in its first three years. Kevin’s sculpture Skeletorus will be shown at the Ledyard Building in Grand Rapids.
- October 10, Tucson, Arizona – Kevin will be at Pima Community College East Campus for the unveiling of Wherever You Go, There You Are. The reception will be held 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- November 19 – January 18, 2013, Phoenix, Arizona – Kevin also is participating in Metal Paper Resin in downtown Phoenix. Featuring Kevin’s sculpture as well as the original prints of Sarah Kriehn and the mixed media photography of Linda Ingraham, the show will be held at the University Club. The opening reception is Thursday, November 29, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- January 16, Phoenix, Arizona – On the horizon for next year is the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art Artists Studio tour. Participants will tour Kevin’s studio and home.
Mark your calendar now – these events will be here before you know it. Learn about these events on the Web site’s Events page.
The Latest from Channel Kevin
The numbers continue to pile up for Kevin’s videos. With more than 200 videos now online on his YouTube channel and his own site at ChannelKevin.com, he has more than 3,300 subscribers and 2.3 million views. His most popular video, “”TIG Welding Technique,”” has more than 715,000 views itself.
Now, here are the latest videos, including some new ones in the series “”How to Create a Sculpture””:
You can see all of Kevin’s videos – which are organized into categories – in his Web site’s Video section, which links directly to his YouTube channel.
ONE OF YOUR OWN
A sound, water, site-specific or free-standing sculpture adds immeasurable joy and peace to your home or workplace.
If you’d like Kevin to create something for you or a special friend, just email email@example.com or call 602-952-8767 to arrange for a private complimentary consultation. Or contact us if you would simply like to visit Kevin’s studio – he would enjoy giving you a personal tour.
Please forward this issue of MUSeINGS to anyone looking for a special piece for home or work, or for a gift for that person who has everything.
If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you want your very own copy on the day it’s released, just sign up here.
If you’re really sure you don’t want to receive MUSeINGS anymore, we’ll miss you, but we only want to send it to people who really want it. To unsubscribe, just hit reply or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “”Unsubscribe MUSeINGS”” with the email address to be unsubscribed either in the header or in the body of the email. Kevin’s lovely assistant will gladly fulfill your every wish (OK, just this one, but that’s one, anyway!).
CONTACT US: Kevin Caron – 5831 N. 46th Pl. – Phoenix AZ 85018-1236 – 602-952-8767 – email@example.com – www.kevincaron.com
“”Inspired sculpture for public & private spaces””
For more frequent news, sights and sounds, keep an eye on Kevin’s Web site at www.kevincaron.com – we update often.